Including readings in a wedding ceremony can add depth and emotional resonance to the occasion. Here are ten popular readings that you might consider:
- “Love” by Roy Croft: A timeless and heartfelt expression of love and commitment.
- “Union” by Robert Fulghum: A beautiful reflection on the simple yet profound aspects of a lasting partnership.
- “The Art of Marriage” by Wilferd A. Peterson: This reading explores the various components that make up a strong and enduring marriage.
- “I Carry Your Heart with Me” by E.E. Cummings: A poetic and romantic expression of the inseparable bond between two people.
- Excerpt from “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Margery Williams: A touching passage about the transformative power of love and becoming real through one another.
- “Blessing of the Hands”: A symbolic reading where the couple’s hands are blessed, representing their unity and shared journey.
- “Captain Corelli’s Mandolin” by Louis de Bernières: An excerpt about the nature of love and its ability to endure even in challenging circumstances.
- “On Your Wedding Day” by Anonymous: A short and sweet reading celebrating the joy and significance of the wedding day.
- “A Lovely Love Story” by Edward Monkton: A whimsical and heart warming tale of two dinosaurs falling in love.
- “Apache Wedding Blessing”: A traditional Native American blessing that invokes harmony, love, and unity in the couple’s life together.
Remember that the choice of Readings should reflect the personalities and values of the couple getting married. It’s a good idea to discuss the options with your celebrant and select readings that resonate deeply with both of you.